Monday, June 25, 2012

Ability, Motivation, Attitude....have your say??


Hi, this is my first blog, so bear with me in case I write something disturbing or offensive for anyone.

Some of the achievers of this era, who have excelled in their respective fields(to name a few):-

Bill Gates
Steve Jobs
Sergey Brin
Larry Page
Sachin Tendulakar
Mark Zuckerberg

have three things in common:-

1) ABILITY
2) MOTIVATION
3) ATTITUDE

Before I proceed further, I would like to mention a saying:-
"ABILITY is what you are capable of doing,
MOTIVATION is what you do,
ATTITUDE is how well you do it"

Although all the three things are important, today I would dig a little further into this and try to figure out the relation amongst these three things, and finally I would try to explain, that which one is the most important of these three.

First let's establish a brief definition of these three terms.

Ability - as I understand is the talent, skill or the knowledge which we possess.
Motivation - is something that inspires us to do something.
Attitude - is our temperament in a given situation.

Now, as I look at it, Ability is something which is Past,as this is something which we have acquired over a period of time, or it may be a talent which we might have discovered at some earlier point in our life.Attitude is something in our future, it is what and how would we handle things in future(and may be present), but what we have at this point of time is the present and to utilize this present we need to have the right motivation.

I believe, once we have the right motivation to do something and we do it, we can improve our ability in due course, and once we have the ability and the motivation I guess we develop a positive attitude towards what we do, which gets reflected in our actions, our approach to a problem.

So I believe at the foundation what matters is the right motivation or the passion which we need to find, and once we find that motivation or the passion, then I believe 'impossible is nothing or in other words impossible would shout out loud in our face that "I M Possible"'

So again referring to these successful people, they are the people who were able to find the right motivation at a very early stage in life and converted it into success.

But the poll is still open and I would like to establish the truth.

So please have your say, on the relation amongst these three things and the most important thing amongst these.

No comments:

Post a Comment